Saturday, December 12, 2009

Paying him back

During finals week I was pretty selfish. I said "Hi" and "Bye" to my husband but that's about all the conversation I could commit to. I received a Subway gift card from his mom, an absolutely incredible care package from him, and now my mom has gotten me a "post-finals stress massage" hallelujah! I saved half of my Subway gift card to share with him, and he appriciated that. I can't really share my massage, and he doesn't like/won't use most of the stuff he got me. The hard part is, he goes through this stress with me. Though he doesn't have to take the tests, he still feels the pressure and empathizes with me, in fact he even helped me study one night, reading the flash cards to me (until he got pissed that he couldn't decipher the latin words and greek letters--he thought it should all be in English). He didn't get a care package, because he "just has to work", which is true, but now I am done for a whole month, and he still has to work. He is taking a weeks worth of vacation this month (so excited for that!) But right now he still has to get up and work everyday while I sit at home making Christmas candy and watching daytime TV.

I have decided to make him a "care package" or "thank-you-for-being-so-freakin'-wonderful-I-don't-deserve-you" package. I need ideas on what to put in it, homemade cookies is as far as I've gotten. Post your ideas as comments, I could really use the help. And don't worry, he doesn't read this. He says, "You tell me every detail of your day anyway, why would I wanna read it too?"--thanks honey.

2 comments:

  1. i asked my hub what would be good in a guy care package, these are casey's suggestions:
    action movie
    beer
    lingerie
    tickets to a sporting event
    night out with the fellas'

    how fun to bless our men, huh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without knowing your husband, I would have to suggest possibly a "coupon" book (my wife made one for me last year and it was great...a back scratch, a 5 minute hug, a makeout session in the kitchen...you get the picture).

    Unless he likes to be handy, don't get him any tools or things that could be used to fix the house because then it looks like you got him the gift because you needed something done - no bueno. The ideas above from robinegg are good ones, just think about what your hubby likes to do and you will be all set :)

    Oh...oh, you should get him a Latin-English dictionary, just for giggles :)

    ReplyDelete